Hi there! I'm Hillary...
Welcome to Joyful + Rising!
It's an honor to have you here. My name is Hillary, and I'm a woman who wears many hats!
- Wife to my husband, Josh, of 5 years.
- Mom to our son, Liam, and our fur babies - Lila (dog) and Nala (cat)
- Joy advocate: I always joke that my parents named me well. My first name means happy/joyful, and my maiden name means warrior. “Joyful Warrior.” So incredibly fitting, because I strive to choose joy in every aspect of life and help others do the same.
- Fitness and wellness lover: my background is in sports medicine and physical therapy, so I love pursuing all aspects of wellness...it's partially what inspired this project to choose joy!
I call Georgia home as I have my entire life. I love being active and creative, and I love to serve others. Joyful + Rising is a passion project for me, and it is something I hope will continue to spread light as it grows.
The name "Joyful + Rising" was inspired by a time in which I found myself at a crossroads. I was a young mother struggling severely with the stresses of work, student loan repayments, medical bills, untreated anxiety, and poor physical health. I reached a point where I knew I had to choose to face these struggles head on, rise above, and fight for my joy. Choosing not to do so would mean continuing the downward spiral, and I knew that's not the path the Lord had designed for me. I CHOSE joy because I had to in order to rise above and become the best version of myself for myself, my husband, and my son.
I CHOSE joy in spite of pain.
I CHOSE joy in spite of circumstance.
I CHOSE joy in spite of fear, self-doubt, and uncertainty.
I CHOSE joy.
Thus, the light rises and the darkness cowers.
And now it is my great honor to share the light with you through these products and this creative platform. Words cannot express how grateful I am for the opportunity to serve as an ambassador of joy!
"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." - John 1:5, ESV
"He uncovers the deeps out of darkness and brings deep darkness to light." - Job 12:22, ESV
"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you." Isaiah 60:1, ESV
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away
- You are my Sunshine by Johnny Cash